more trouble at Wet Spam

Anything sportlike
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: more trouble at Wet Spam

Post by Basualdo »

Petingo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Petingo wrote:Whereabouts in that London do Chelsea's hard men come from?

On the face of it, the catchment area is not the kind of environment one expects to find any bovver boys spring from.

Is there a part of London they hail from, in the main?

Mind you, I remember going away to Oxford when they were in the First Division in the 80s and thinking it would be a very pleasant trip.

And it was.....up to a point.

We walked around the college area, admiring the Dreamy Spires.......but when we got up near the ground it was by a sink estate called the Blackbird and the pubs were full of absolute six fingered mutants wanting to fight with us :box:
From what I've been told and according to this map, they mostly are based south of the ri er in the south west of London, Wandsworth, Tooting etc.

Cheers, Bas.

I wonder how that came about.....Chelsea's fans being from south of t' river.

I thought that was Palace/Charlton/Man. United territory.
I would guess, and this is just pure guesswork, that the Kings Road was never a traditional area for football support, and those areas just south of the river are, or probably, were, as near a working class area handy to Stamford Bridge as the nearest to the north or west.
Come on you mouthy Lahndahn caaants, back me up or shoot me down.
As usual, Lash is AWOL when he'd be handy.
Lump on with Lash indeed. :x
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Lash is ex-Chelsea
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

You won't get many fans living near the ground as most houses are a million plus. Generally I would say fans are from suburbs of West London and outwards towards Surrey. That though may of changed over the years with winning things.....
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:

On the face of it, the catchment area is not the kind of environment one expects to find any bovver boys spring from.

Mind you, I remember going away to Oxford when they were in the First Division in the 80s and thinking it would be a very pleasant trip.

We walked around the college area, admiring the Dreamy Spires.......but when we got up near the ground it was by a sink estate called the Blackbird and the pubs were full of absolute six fingered mutants wanting to fight with us :box:
From what I've been told and according to this map, they mostly are based south of the ri er in the south west of London, Wandsworth, Tooting etc.

Not sure when that map was drawn up, but it obviously doesn't include a lot of the bellends who latched onto Chelsea when they became successful. Last time I went to the Bridge I was amazed at how posh and rich a lot of them were.

It used to be rough as fuck when I was a teenager and there was plenty of violence on away visits.

The "hard" ones, that Pet asks about, are mainly the ones who were hooligans in the seventies and eighties, and lots of them came from Surrey and parts of south-east London. In other words Palace territory. :x

Fulham was also a working class area and a lot came from there.

Blues4Ever and I think Sammy (No Longer Dead) are from south-east London, and I think Lash and ChelseaChelsea might be from south of the river.

That map also underestimates how things have changed - a lot of Millwall supporters moved to the suburbs and Kent, for example.

There were also a lot of East End families moved to new south London estates after the war - I had West Ham mates at school with East End family roots.

Plus the usual Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and United fans who just picked a club without having any connection to it.

I was born near Chrlton's ground, and went to the Valley and Upton Park to watch matches before I had even been to Selhurst.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Lash is ex-Chelsea
Is he dead to you bro?
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

West Mids is a strange place for support, if you include Coventry it's about 3 million people.

I think you can safely knock off 2 million that either don't bother with football or support a non West Mids side.

I think of those left:-
Cov is pretty much all Cov;
Birmingham is probably 60:40 BCFC:Villa
Solihull 60:40 Villa:Blues
Sandwell 80:20 Albion:Villa/Wolves
Walsall 15% Saddlers; then even Villa, Wolves and Albion.
Dudley: 60:40 Albion:Wolves
Wolvo: pretty much all Wolves.

Local support would be Blues top, Wolves 2nd Villa 3rd, Albion, Cov and then the super Sadlers. Overall support Villa by some distance.
Last edited by Fug1 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Reg wrote:
Is he dead to you bro?
No but I remain dead to him

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
Reg wrote:
Is he dead to you bro?
No but I remain dead to him
And to us all. :(
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Basualdo wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Cheers, Bas.

I wonder how that came about.....Chelsea's fans being from south of t' river.

I thought that was Palace/Charlton/Man. United territory.
I would guess, and this is just pure guesswork, that the Kings Road was never a traditional area for football support, and those areas just south of the river are, or probably, were, as near a working class area handy to Stamford Bridge as the nearest to the north or west.
Come on you mouthy Lahndahn caaants, back me up or shoot me down.
As usual, Lash is AWOL when he'd be handy.
Lump on with Lash indeed. :x
:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Fug1 wrote:West Mids is a strange place for support, if you include Coventry it's about 3 million people.

I think you can safely knock off 2 million that either don't bother with football or support a non West Mids side.

Local support would be Blues top, Wolves 2nd Villa 3rd, Albion, Cov and then the super Sadlers. Overall support Villa by some distance.

I would have thought Villa were the best supported West Midlands team.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Wahnt a rahmble? Becahm a schteward at va lahndahn schtadyumm an crak sahm edz!

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Petingo wrote:
Fug1 wrote:West Mids is a strange place for support, if you include Coventry it's about 3 million people.

They are around the Country by a mile, but in the West Mids only I think both Blues and Wolves have more local support.
Last edited by Fug1 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Fug1 wrote:
Petingo wrote:

They are around the Country by a mile, but in the West Mids only I think both Blues and Wolves have more local support.
Prince William, David Cameron and Nigel Kennedy.

Yippee-eye-aye, etc.
Last edited by Reg on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Fug1 wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Ok :)

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

When I was living in Wimbledon and occasionally going into London on Chelsea home match days, both the tube and / or the BR trains were full of Blues' fans coming in from Surrey / SW London.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I would imagine that the percentage of 'supporters' who follow the big clubs and have no roots for that club, is getting higher and higher ManUre being of the course the biggest.

I find it hard to imagine how anyone can support a club like that.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Boris the Spider

Post by Boris the Spider »

tennisman wrote:When I was living in Wimbledon and occasionally going into London on Chelsea home match days, both the tube and / or the BR trains were full of Blues' fans coming in from Surrey / SW London.
This is the correct information. I've lived in Wimbledon for over 30 years - born in Hammersmith, formative years in West Molesey, Surrey - and the boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth are (generally) fairly solid Chelsea, with honourable mentions to AFC Wimbledon and Fulham of course (plus yer usual Utd/Dapyule/Spurs/Arse floaters).
I’m Chris Riccobono.

Visit us in Covint Gardin, Londin.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Not sure when that map was drawn up, but it obviously doesn't include a lot of the bellends who latched onto Chelsea when they became successful. Last time I went to the Bridge I was amazed at how posh and rich a lot of them were.

It used to be rough as fuck when I was a teenager and there was plenty of violence on away visits.

The "hard" ones, that Pet asks about, are mainly the ones who were hooligans in the seventies and eighties, and lots of them came from Surrey and parts of south-east London. In other words Palace territory. :x

Fulham was also a working class area and a lot came from there.

Blues4Ever and I think Sammy (No Longer Dead) are from south-east London, and I think Lash and ChelseaChelsea might be from south of the river.

That map also underestimates how things have changed - a lot of Millwall supporters moved to the suburbs and Kent, for example.

There were also a lot of East End families moved to new south London estates after the war - I had West Ham mates at school with East End family roots.

Plus the usual Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and United fans who just picked a club without having any connection to it.

I was born near Chrlton's ground, and went to the Valley and Upton Park to watch matches before I had even been to Selhurst.

Thank you for that very informative response, Reg.

You are indeed a chronicler of social change in post war London :)

finchman

Post by finchman »

That map is shit, at least 60% of london are Man Yoo supporters.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Reg

Post by Reg »

finchman wrote:That map is shit, at least 60% of london are Man Yoo supporters.
It's a map of London clubs' support. :roll:
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Reg wrote:
finchman wrote:That map is shit, at least 60% of london are Man Yoo supporters.
It's a map of London clubs' support. :roll:
Would be interesting to see a map of Wigan's support base.

I mean the egg throwing team, obviously.

I very much doubt that anyone has bothered to analyse the football teams support, with it being a Rugby town :wink:
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

JW90

Post by JW90 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:"Professional" "journalist", "celebrity iron" and all-round fat idiot Ian "The Moose" Abrahams GETS SERIOUS and asks WHY they can have rugby, cricket, lacrosse, curling, golf, speedway, ski jumping, synchronised swimming and croquet at THE OLYMPIC STADIUM with a fully pissed-up crowd and zero ag.

I'll tell you why Ian you fucking waste - all those "sports" are for POOFS
:lol:

I do love these media types saying "why can't football be like rugby and golf?" because a few fans have hit each other. It happens (not condoning it) because of tribalism, belonging to a unique identity. You don't get the McIlroy Naughties v Westwood Wielders do you?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Media types are generally cunts who tailor any opinion they pretend have to whatever outlet is desperate enough for their copy. So as I rule I tend not to listen to them, the biggest cunt being Matthew Syed of The Times. In defence of Moose, he is so utterly inept I'am actually more likely to give his naive opinion more credence than I would others. It's troubling for me to admit this.

I also think most of the oafs that stink-out TalkSport towers are secretly happy about the football 'violence'; I'm talking about the likes of Quinny and Brazil of course, muppets like Adrian and Goldwank are so fucking feeble they've probably never even had a fight in their lives, they probably either sided with the playground bully and be the butt of his jokes or be his bitch.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:And of you look closer the brave chappie is wearing glasses. Can he continue to fight those 200 Chelsea fans single-handed if his
eyesight is compromised ? Of course those noble Chelsea boys will be perfect gentlemen and not hit a chap wearing glasses.
He's goading the Wet Spambots though. I believe the thin Heston Blumenthal is a Chelsea supporter
This is the correct information??!!
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

How the lovely and talented Lady Brady and the dildo pimps have righteously reamed the taxpayers.....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... sadiq-khan

The cost of converting the huge white elephant of an Olympic stadium has risen to £323m bringing the total cost of supplying the caravan dwellers with a new ground which most of their support didnt even want anyway to £752m, and all the save the hurt feelings of some wretched political grandees and their precious Olympic legacy and to save some gutterscum pornographers some gelt.

The cost of the"retractable" seating has risen from £300k to £8m and takes 15 (fifteen) days to retract and another 15 days to replace.
Though last week the Wet Spam support seemed to be "retracting" the seats and hurling them at the Chelsea fans a wee bit quicker than that.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.