The Aston Villa disaster/confusion/conjecture/general ridicule thread 2016 Onwards

Anything sportlike
m4rkb

Re: The Aston Villa disaster/confusion/conjecture/general ridicule thread 2016/17

Post by m4rkb »

kevin04 wrote:Another draw for Villa. Surely it'll turn around soon, Lawnso and Mark.
Well thank fuck it's practically a new team from the ground up which was what we all wanted. Few teams have had to deal with a rebuild like this so a rocky patch to start with is almost inevitable.

It's when we show no fight that the problems set in , which in our case can be more often than not.

kancutlawns

Re: The Aston Villa disaster/confusion/conjecture/general ridicule thread 2016/17

Post by kancutlawns »

Just found out we're playing tonight and are 1-0 up at Barnsley with Ayew scoring. Dare I say, we're turning things around.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

ARGHHH!!!! Conceded an equaliser in the 90th minute.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Have I just heard right? Villa have spent near 50 million this season. 50 million. In the Championship.

And they are still shit. :shock: :rolleyes: :lol:
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Another tough day for you boys but Dion Dublin on Final Score said Di Matteo had little money to spend which is ridiculous given the expenditure in the summer. How much does he need?

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Feel sorry for Jedi playing for that heartless bunch.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Oh dear, RDM sacked, no surprise there as if he was ever gonna be the right bloke for a battle.

Now Mr Potatohead is linked!! Agent Bruce will really fuck the Villa up.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Fug1 wrote:Agent Bruce will really fuck the Villa up.
:lol:

Surely they can't be that stupid.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Bruce is an absolute shithead. Really don't want him, he's a dinosaur and I don't like the way he sets his teams up. If Dr Xia's seduced by Bruce being on the dole and therefore immediately available, that would be a big trap to fall into. He'll want another £50m at least. Not sure who to go for although Lee Johnson at Bristol City's been touted as he's good with a small amount of dough. Other names supposedly in the frame, Colin Wanker, Sean Dyche and Nigel Pearson. All pretty pisspoor choices to be honest. David Wagner's supposed to be in the frame too. Would Gary Rowett came to us? Possibly. Just sick of the state the club's in. Fair play to the owner for putting his money where his mouth is.

It's ridiculous that the club finds themselves in a situation where they've fired a manager after only 11 league matches. If the next manager achieves only a win in the same matches too, do we get rid of him also?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bruce, despite his Blues connections, looks a sensible choice. Managers like him, and to some extent, Grayson, Rowett and McCarthy are all good Championship bosses who "get" the division - something Di Matteo clearly didn't.

Probably what Villa need right now.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It's likely that the owner will go for Bruce. He's available, has experience of getting teams up from the Championship and can sort out the side. Don't like him and it's likely that this time next year, we'll be looking for another manager. Not worth gambling on another untested, inexperienced manager.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Moving from Blues to Villa and vice versa, and having managers appointed to either who have managed the other club is a big risk. For a start they won't be accepted by the fans and that creates a lot of tension from the word go. I'd avoid it wherever possible.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I'd actually take Big Mick from Wolves if only to shake things up and get some stability, then take someone who's going to move us up to the Premier League. Got a feeling that whoever comes in, it'll go tits up once again. The crowd will turn on the new manager if results don't start coming quickly, he'll have to hit the ground running.

Agree that taking a manager that's managed Blues wouldn't be advisable as the crowd won't like it but surprised as how many fans want Bruce. Didn't he spend a lot on transfers at Hull and get them into the play offs after a poor run of results?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I'd take Bruce all day for the reason Zippy says and that he 'gets' the division. How many times now has Bruce gained promotion with a team from the Championship. Fucking plenty by my reckoning.

I also think the usual bullshit about working for your rivals is a bit old hat these day as it's been done so many times it's lost its meaning. The fans might see it differently but let's face it most fans are as thick as pudding and will moan at anything as long as they can be moaning.

I'd also take Fat Sam as well. They both attract criticism but their records for quickly whipping a team into shape and making them competitive are there for all to see.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

McLeish received a hostile reception if I remember correctly, and that causes you to start off on the wrong foot. Villa need a period of consolidation and consistency. Bruce is a one day wonder and will fuck you up before too long.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:McLeish received a hostile reception if I remember correctly, and that causes you to start off on the wrong foot. Villa need a period of consolidation and consistency. Bruce is a one day wonder and will fuck you up before too long.
I agree with you on McLeish and it was never going to happen. But he largely fulfilled what the board asked him to do at the time and their emphasis was on cutting wages rather than forging their way up the league. It's the board more at fault than the manager IMO which has been the case more often than not.

Don't agree with you on Bruce though. He's got his faults but if he can serve one purpose and whip us into shape quickly for the play offs that'll do for me. In truth he should be got rid of when were up as that's his level.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Schteeve.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:McLeish received a hostile reception if I remember correctly, and that causes you to start off on the wrong foot. Villa need a period of consolidation and consistency. Bruce is a one day wonder and will fuck you up before too long.
That's what I think too. He's out of a job for good reason and no more then an experienced manager in spending loads of dough for players who will be in long term contracts that we'll struggle to dispose of. I'd actually take a punt with Steve Clarke.

Maclaren would be an unmitigated disaster which is why I think the owner will unwittingly take him on. Warnock is another one that's worrying me. All in all, an unedifying list and we just have no direction.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:
I agree with you on McLeish and it was never going to happen. But he largely fulfilled what the board asked him to do at the time and their emphasis was on cutting wages rather than forging their way up the league. It's the board more at fault than the manager IMO which has been the case more often than not.

Don't agree with you on Bruce though. He's got his faults but if he can serve one purpose and whip us into shape quickly for the play offs that'll do for me. In truth he should be got rid of when were up as that's his level.
I wonder who will whip us into shape, it comes down to who can build confidence with the crowd at home and can build a siege mentality. 91 points from 93 odd home matches indicates a deep malaise and once they turn performances will be shite. It's the elephant in the room.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Ancient Chinese phirorophy say if seed doesn't grow fast enough change the soil. But to grow good prant, use right soil in the first prace.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kancutlawns wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

I wonder who will whip us into shape, it comes down to who can build confidence with the crowd at home and can build a siege mentality. 91 points from 93 odd home matches indicates a deep malaise and once they turn performances will be shite. It's the elephant in the room.
No-one mentioning Fat Sam? :D
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I mentioned fat sam.

A first class bruiser who can drag out a result. Plus he was born in Dudlay.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I've seen his name floated around on a club messageboard but I think he's more keen on getting his dirty mitts greased stateside. If Woy fancied a crack, I wouldn't be against it.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Seen Michael O'Neill on the wish list. Don't think Bas and Rossco would be too happy with that but it's a huge job. Got good players to work with mind.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Give it Stanloy and Bozzie droime toime.