The Arsenal 2016-17 Premier League winning thread

Anything sportlike
Sinbad

Re: The Arsenal 2016-17 Premier League winning thread

Post by Sinbad »

antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:Your derby is usually a goal fest but after a European week dunno someone might go missing, Spurs have been struggling to score Sin what you talking about?

Only the four teams above them + Everton have scored more PL goals than them, and spurs have been without their first choice striker for about six weeks.
Lies, damned lies and statistics...14 goals in 10 games rather than 23/24? That's an extra goal per game the top three have scored.

Without Kane Spurs are only scoring around three goals every two games rather than nearly five goals for every two for the others, if any team has got goals in them I don't think it's really Spurs but well see...

So every team, bar the top four are struggling to score ? Last season after 10 games, with Kane in the side spurs were only two goals better off with 16. I don't remember people talking about them not being able to score goals this time last year. Arsenal were only two ahead on 18 goals, again, no mention of a lack of goals. Anyway, tonight should be a good indicator of spurs firepower as they really need the three points.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
antdad wrote: if any team has got goals in them I don't think it's really Spurs...
Exactly.

You've only scored two less than this time last season.
Forever In Our Shadow

sammy

Post by sammy »

Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:Your derby is usually a goal fest but after a European week dunno someone might go missing, Spurs have been struggling to score Sin what you talking about?

Only the four teams above them + Everton have scored more PL goals than them, and spurs have been without their first choice striker for about six weeks.
Lies, damned lies and statistics...14 goals in 10 games rather than 23/24? That's an extra goal per game the top three have scored.

Without Kane Spurs are only scoring around three goals every two games rather than nearly five goals for every two for the others, if any team has got goals in them I don't think it's really Spurs but well see...

So every team, bar the top four are struggling to score ? Last season after 10 games, with Kane in the side spurs were only two goals better off with 16. I don't remember people talking about them not being able to score goals this time last year. Arsenal were only two ahead on 18 goals, again, no mention of a lack of goals. Anyway, tonight should be a good indicator of spurs firepower as they really need the three points.
Spurs are scoring but not at the rate of the current top 4. Palace & Watford are on the same amount of goals, Leicester, Bournemouth & Stoke just a couple behind. Thats why in terms of goals scored Spurs are nearer to the clubs below them than the current Top 4.
carefree

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

sammy wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Spurs are scoring but not at the rate of the current top 4. Palace & Watford are on the same amount of goals, Leicester, Bournemouth & Stoke just a couple behind. Thats why in terms of goals scored Spurs are nearer to the clubs below them than the current Top 4.

Yes, i get all that, but after ten games last season, Arsenal had only scored 18 goals and were sitting in second place. Don't remember Arsenal being called out over a lack of goals.
Forever In Our Shadow

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

All this pre Norf Lahdahn derby, "After you, Claude." "No, no, after you, Cecil." bollix is getting on my man tits.
I preferred it when you were flicking Vees at each other and mooning at supporters buses, not this, "Oh you're going to win, Rupert, you're much, much better than us.", "Oh Steven, you're such a card! Your boys are much better than you think."

The patronisation from you both is nauseating!

PAH!!!!
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Basualdo wrote:All this pre Norf Lahdahn derby, "After you, Claude." "No, no, after you, Cecil." bollix is getting on my man tits.
I preferred it when you were flicking Vees at each other and mooning at supporters buses, not this, "Oh you're going to win, Rupert, you're much, much better than us.", "Oh Steven, you're such a card! Your boys are much better than you think."

PAH!!!!

Oi, you.... Shut it !!

:x :x
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Basualdo wrote:All this pre Norf Lahdahn derby, "After you, Claude." "No, no, after you, Cecil." bollix is getting on my man tits.

PAH!!!!
Utter bollocks.

When have you ever known me be positive about Spurs, Bas?

:wink:
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

sammy

Post by sammy »

Sinbad wrote:
sammy wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Yes, i get all that, but after ten games last season, Arsenal had only scored 18 goals and were sitting in second place. Don't remember Arsenal being called out over a lack of goals.
Why would they be? They were one the four top goal scoring teams at the time.
carefree

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Sinbad wrote:

Oi, you.... Shut it !!

Steve Hunt wrote:

Utter bollocks.

You see! You are both capable of it. Now direct it at each other.
It a Yin/Yang thing. The harmony of the universe needs to be restored.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sinbad wrote:Yes, i get all that, but after ten games last season, Arsenal had only scored 18 goals and were sitting in second place. Don't remember Arsenal being called out over a lack of goals.
...precisely because they were in second place, it has to be relative. The fact that Spurs haven't lost and drawn so many (relatively) compounds the issue but then they'd be in 15th and not 5th place.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

sammy wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
sammy wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Indeed, but with only four more goals than spurs currently have this season.
Forever In Our Shadow

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:Yes, i get all that, but after ten games last season, Arsenal had only scored 18 goals and were sitting in second place. Don't remember Arsenal being called out over a lack of goals.
...precisely because they were in second place, it has to be relative. The fact that Spurs haven't lost and drawn so many (relatively) compounds the issue but then they'd be in 15th and not 5th place.

So, it's not about goals scored, it's about league position. Are you saying that if spurs were in second place, there wouldn't be any talk about them struggling to score goals ?
Forever In Our Shadow

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Basualdo wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Oi, you.... Shut it !!

Steve Hunt wrote:

Utter bollocks.

You see! You are both capable of it. Now direct it at each other.
It a Yin/Yang thing. The harmony of the universe needs to be restored.

Oh, it will be well and truly restored if Arsenal get beat on Sunday...

:x
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
So, it's not about goals scored, it's about league position. Are you saying that if spurs were in second place, there wouldn't be any talk about them struggling to score goals ?
Sin - it's the lack of goals in the last month that has caused concern. Even if we were (miraculously) top, the recent inability to score a fucking goal would be a talking point.

ENIC OUT

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Sin - it's the lack of goals in the last month that has caused concern. Even if we were (miraculously) top, the recent inability to score a fucking goal would be a talking point.
Take most teams top goal scorer out of the side for six weeks, and the problem will be much the same.
Forever In Our Shadow

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:With each passing performance, the more I am convinced that The Scum are going to win the league this season.

:vom: :vom: :vom:

Take it you didn't see the way we played last night ?

No mate - I was working late.

You will slaughter us on Sunday.

Expect us to lose 2-0 tonight as well.

Spurs have failed to score more than one goal in their past seven Champions League games. In this season's group stages, only two of our 43 shots have found the back of the net. Pretty damning.

You really should give spurs a bit more credit, they look a decent side for the first time in years.

2-2 draw.
Which game? Tonight or Sunday?

Not that it matters. Tell me Sin, who do you think is going to score those 2 goals for us?
Bobby Goaldado?
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:With each passing performance, the more I am convinced that The Scum are going to win the league this season.

:vom: :vom: :vom:

Take it you didn't see the way we played last night ?

No mate - I was working late.

You will slaughter us on Sunday.

Expect us to lose 2-0 tonight as well.

Spurs have failed to score more than one goal in their past seven Champions League games. In this season's group stages, only two of our 43 shots have found the back of the net. Pretty damning.

You really should give spurs a bit more credit, they look a decent side for the first time in years.

2-2 draw.
Which game? Tonight or Sunday?

Not that it matters. Tell me Sin, who do you think is going to score those 2 goals for us?
Bobby Goaldado?

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a waste of £26m.
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Take most teams top goal scorer out of the side for six weeks, and the problem will be much the same.
Not to the extent we have recently suffered. Wouldn't be the case with your mob.

ENIC OUT

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Not to the extent we have recently suffered. Wouldn't be the case with your mob.

Err, we've spent the last three seasons crying out for a back-up striker. The season before last we played Alexis Sanchez as the lone striker, away to Everton, it didn't work, we were lucky to walk away with a draw. However, Sanchez is looking so much better up top, this season.
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
Err, we've spent the last three seasons crying out for a back-up striker.
Err, we've spent the last 15 seasons crying out for a back-up striker.

#Levynomics

ENIC OUT

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Err, we've spent the last three seasons crying out for a back-up striker.
Err, we've spent the last 15 seasons crying out for a back-up striker.

#Levynomics

What about Roberto Soldado ? You ungrateful git....

:roll:
Forever In Our Shadow

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:

The two are not mutually exclusive but if Spurs were in second place now it would be less of an issue because they would have won more games than they have.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:

The two are not mutually exclusive but if Spurs were in second place now it would be less of an issue because they would have won more games than they have.

So i was right then...

:)
Forever In Our Shadow

sammy

Post by sammy »

Sinbad wrote:
sammy wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
sammy wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Indeed, but with only four more goals than spurs currently have this season.
The difference being this season City have 10 more goals than Spurs, Arsenal 9, Liverpool 10 & Chelsea 7.

Last seasons equivalent top 4 at this period of the season saw Spurs only 8, 2 & 6 goals adrift and they'd scored 1 more goal than the 4th placed side.

In other words, Spurs are a combined total of 36 goals behind the current top 4 compared to a combined total of 16 last season.

Which, as I've already pointed out, is why in terms of goals scored Spurs are much nearer to the clubs below them than the current Top 4.
carefree

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
antdad wrote:

So i was right then...

:)
Your basic premise was that I (we) disagreed with you that Spurs have an issue scoring goals, relative to this season without their primary goalscorer they haven't won as many games as they probably should have which is why they are fifth not second so no you are not correct. :)