The Championship 2015/6 and 2016/7

Anything sportlike
Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Re: The Championship 2015/6

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

they want your tweets guys :spider:

Studio littered with guys standing up looking unhappily awkward. Handy platitudes in the engine room from Adam "John" Virgo over by the TV. Excellent banter from Riley and his ipad. Kelly Cates. It's a relief when they show some goals. The matches speak for themselves. Throw the complicated packaging in the bin guys.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Satisfyingly bizarre 15 foot league tables over in the corner by the dustbin. Peterborough and Wigan in the same relegation zone, what's not to like.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

ilk59

Post by ilk59 »

Football League Tonight

I'll be terse:
What the fuck?
The extent to which propaganda shapes the progress of affairs about us may surprise even well informed persons. Nevertheless, it is only necessary to look under the surface of the newspaper for a hint as to propaganda's authority over public opinion.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:they want your tweets guys :spider:

Studio littered with guys standing up looking unhappily awkward. Handy platitudes in the engine room from Adam "John" Virgo over by the TV. Excellent banter from Riley and his ipad. Kelly Cates. It's a relief when they show some goals. The matches speak for themselves. Throw the complicated packaging in the bin guys.
Clicked on, saw punters in the audience, doesn't work on Redknapp's show, doesn't work anywehere, then clicked over. As Boro not playing, gonna watch the first 20 minutes till MOTD on +1. Will watch another show for a full critique, but holy fuck one game, Michael Vaughan on shite video, a few seconds of Sheff U and break. Not good, not good at all. :roll:

It's going to be a catch up and forward show I think. Hey Ilk. 8)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ilk59

Post by ilk59 »

Carlos J wrote: Hey Ilk. 8)
The extent to which propaganda shapes the progress of affairs about us may surprise even well informed persons. Nevertheless, it is only necessary to look under the surface of the newspaper for a hint as to propaganda's authority over public opinion.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

:prayer: :prayer:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Solid start from Leeds against a good Championship side. Our starting XI looks very strong and hopefully Rosler will have us well organised. I'm optimistic.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Zippy wrote:Solid start from Leeds against a good Championship side. Our starting XI looks very strong and hopefully Rosler will have us well organised. I'm optimistic.
Some goal to start the season Zippy.

Harry Lemon

Post by Harry Lemon »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:The new Football League highlights show just started on Channel 5...
I literally saw about 30 seconds of it, so I can't say how good it was myself but every review and comment I've seen about it has been very, very negative.

Did this really happen?: :)

At one point Barnet manager Martin Allen – who clearly hadn't been briefed well enough by the producers or presenters – even went as far as to say to George Riley, who had asked him to analyse Bristol Rovers v Northampton Town, "well, what do you want me to say?"

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Harry Lemon wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:The new Football League highlights show just started on Channel 5...
I literally saw about 30 seconds of it, so I can't say how good it was myself but every review and comment I've seen about it has been very, very negative.

Did this really happen?: :)

At one point Barnet manager Martin Allen – who clearly hadn't been briefed well enough by the producers or presenters – even went as far as to say to George Riley, who had asked him to analyse Bristol Rovers v Northampton Town, "well, what do you want me to say?"
Not sure Harry I only saw short bursts of it and thought it was quite entertaining in a goofy sort of way. Asking the Barnet manager about a match that he couldn't possibly have examined in any detail sounds strange and wafer thin content... maybe they hoped it would provoke a couple of nice little platitudes about how great League 2 is? :rolleyes: obviously channel 5 can't afford Ray Parlour.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

JW90

Post by JW90 »

The new Football League Show (without Steve "big game" Claridge and Leroy "absolutely" Rosenior) suffers from the Strictly/ X Factor belief that to keep the audience interested we need public participation. We don't, we want to watch football. We don't give a fuck what Dave the Exeter fan thinks, we can read messageboards/ listen to phone-ins for that.

SHOW THE FUCKING FOOTBALL. Why is it so difficult?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

George Riley involved? Good god. One of the most pleased with themselves people around. He's a right smug git on Five Live.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

All presenters should be executed
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

JW90 wrote:The new Football League Show (without Steve "big game" Claridge and Leroy "absolutely" Rosenior) suffers from the Strictly/ X Factor belief that to keep the audience interested we need public participation. We don't, we want to watch football. We don't give a fuck what Dave the Exeter fan thinks, we can read messageboards/ listen to phone-ins for that.

As per tennis/darts chats gone, a sport show built for people who don't like the sport. It worked for Top Gear or something bla.

The first hour of Monday Night Football with Ed Chamberlain, Carragher and Neville is OPTIMUM. No mincing maniacs or tweetbegging, just a big telly with-football-matches-on-it and a trio of not-shambling-clowns. Well fuck me it works, who knew.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Although of course I've never presented football at the highest level.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

JW90

Post by JW90 »

So, Championship fans, how are you feeling after the first weekend? Was really surprised there wasn't a match where both sides won given anyone can beat anyone on their day.

One match down, 134 to go. Don't worry if you lost, you should still expect to reach the play-offs. Conversely, if you won, don't get carried away because you'll be back down to earth next week with a heavy bump after you play one of the contenders that will be there or thereabouts.

I fancy each of the 24 teams for promotion.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

JW90 wrote:So, Championship fans, how are you feeling after the first weekend? Was really surprised there wasn't a match where both sides won given anyone can beat anyone on their day.

One match down, 134 to go. Don't worry if you lost, you should still expect to reach the play-offs. Conversely, if you won, don't get carried away because you'll be back down to earth next week with a heavy bump after you play one of the contenders that will be there or thereabouts.

You're after a job at the BBC with that partisanship. :)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

JW90 wrote:So, Championship fans, how are you feeling after the first weekend? Was really surprised there wasn't a match where both sides won given anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Some smugness in that post mate.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

A good summary of the average football pundit's view of the Championship :)
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JW90 wrote:The new Football League Show (without Steve "big game" Claridge and Leroy "absolutely" Rosenior) suffers from the Strictly/ X Factor belief that to keep the audience interested we need public participation. We don't, we want to watch football. We don't give a fuck what Dave the Exeter fan thinks, we can read messageboards/ listen to phone-ins for that.

They have copied the pathetic Clare balding Wimbledon round up format with a gormless looking audience, who just looked like they wanted to get out. It has to change. Much preferred the BBC programme, although on that there was too much yapping on.

In future will record and flick through.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

icetruckiller

Post by icetruckiller »

Was a fucking awful show. Why did show a couple of Championship matches, then League 1 and back and forth. Was no flow in the programme and you're spot on with no cares what some tool in the audience thinks. The only good thing about the show was the 9pm start time.
We're in the back bar scouring for action.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

ccreds wrote:

How was it smug? It was a pisstake of the usual cliched bollocks spouted by pundits about this division, it used to annoy me when my side was in it.

There's so much mis-information about this league.

icetruckiller

Post by icetruckiller »

We're in the back bar scouring for action.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

JW90 wrote:
ccreds wrote:

How was it smug? It was a pisstake of the usual cliched bollocks spouted by pundits about this division, it used to annoy me when my side was in it.

There's so much mis-information about this league.
I was only joking mate.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I was only jooookin maa dear
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019