The Championship 2015/6 and 2016/7

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: The Championship 2015/6

Post by Zambo »

Done deal, takes over immediately.

Looks like they wanted a name, but didn't bother to check whether that was as a player or a manager. Cant see how they can come to the conclusion he will be better than Rowett.

All very sudden, must have laid the foundations a while ago. Rumour are he was in dispute with the owners about player recruitment.

Straight into the fire with Brighton at home on Sat.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Don't know much about Gary Rowett but he is seemingly garnering universal, if not praise, respect. So I'm sure things'll work out for him. Who are the owners of Birmingham? Fly-by-night cunts? Can't say that I've had very nice experiences with Brum fans in the past, so I'd be happy to see them fail. Not that that Great Yarmouth doesn't deserve to be burnt to the fucking ground, but I don't want pissed-up Birmingham fans coming up on the long good friday game at Norwich kicking the place to shit. That's for us locals to do, or not. It's our choice.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Holloway doing a sterling job at QPR, four straight defeats. What a character. Strange that when it was said he knew how to get out of the division they didn't state that it could and has happened at both ends.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

JW90 wrote:Holloway doing a sterling job at QPR, four straight defeats. What a character. Strange that when it was said he knew how to get out of the division they didn't state that it could and has happened at both ends.
Such a strange appointment, was always going to end in tears.
His record since Blackpool, which was a while ago, has been hopeless.
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Huddersfield are teaching us a fucking lesson here. I want Klopp-lite as our manager.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

I thought Huddersfield were one of those sides given a high reputation for passing the ball a bit (the Championship is often full of spirited but very limited teams) and didn't have enough about them to sustain it. Having seen that half I think I've done them an injustice- fluent, attacking football, very impressive.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Pritchard needs to come on. Sort it out Neil you fucking inept cunt.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Well that was fucking MARVELLOUS wasn't it. Bring on two forwards when nothing is being created in midfield. FUCKING GENIUS. Wish I had thought of that fucking master plan. I'd ask Delia to 'sort it out' myself but she's a fucking cunt who has lost the plot because she cannot have kids. It's turned her fucking brain. Sell the fucking club.

finchman

Post by finchman »

I think its time spotty face got the old heave ho.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Birmingham owners ,reap what you sow :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Threw it away with silly substitutions at the wrong time. We should have won that, best we have played football wise for a fair bit.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote:Threw it away with silly substitutions at the wrong time. We should have won that, best we have played football wise for a fair bit.
Let's hope Lindsey Hipgrave on Ch5 will dress especially slutty and offer an upskirt or two. I can't imagine any other reason to watch 'The Championship'.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Hows the wurzel doing at QPR?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Five defeats in a row but still on for Champions League football and a new 70k stadium.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Are they still 90 million in debt and due a bollocking from the PL?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JW90 wrote:Five defeats in a row but still on for Champions League football and a new 70k stadium.
Yet can't even fill an eighteen and a half thousand capacity stadium.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Chiselled out a vital win. We're going to be fucked when Koidja goes to the African Nations.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:I'm absolutely stunned that the new owners have sacked Gary Rowett at Blues. After beating Ipswich last night we lie 7th in the table. He's done a great job on a very restricted budget. Zola has been linked. I can only think this is not purely a football mattef.
I've heard a lot of Villa fans quietly give respect for Blues over recent times for employing a good manager who has done good for them. Given how shit we (Villa) are , (and we know it) there has been a large drop in animosity towards the bluenoses with a few even saying they want midlands football to do wel in generall. I'm one of them.

Now this has happened, I really do hope they pay the price for such stupidity and shitting on GR from a great height. :D

It also smacks of the new owners in not having a fucking clue so the only way forward from here will be backwards :rolleyes: - which is good news.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Most successful businessmen lose the plot when they buy a football club. Christ know who advises them in situations like this. Done in an underhand way as well. They must have been tracking Zola for a while. We have been punching over our weight with Rowett, so expect a finish below mid table.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:Most successful businessmen lose the plot when they buy a football club. Christ know who advises them in situations like this. Done in an underhand way as well. They must have been tracking Zola for a while. We have been punching over our weight with Rowett, so expect a finish below mid table.
Well there's always an awful lot of money thrown about and an awful lot of people trying to get their hands on it. The best 'salesmen' make the best promises and generally they get the pickings. Some quiet practitioner in the background who lacks the mouth is often overlooked.

That's my take anyway. I've seen it many times where the most forceful personality calls the shots and makes the worst decisions possible.

But joking aside, as I was with your club , they have made a real ricket here getting rid of Rowett. If Villa fans had respect for him you can guarantee he was a good man for the job.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:Most successful businessmen lose the plot when they buy a football club. Christ know who advises them in situations like this. Done in an underhand way as well. They must have been tracking Zola for a while. We have been punching over our weight with Rowett, so expect a finish below mid table.
I don't think Zola's even that big a draw as manager these days and think his lustre as a fantastic player has faded through time for non-Chelsea fans. I could understand getting someone like Van Basten or Michael Laudrup would have some appeal even though they would carry obvious risks but this appointment seems a bit screwed up.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

m4rkb wrote:
Well there's always an awful lot of money thrown about and an awful lot of people trying to get their hands on it. The best 'salesmen' make the best promises and generally they get the pickings. Some quiet practitioner in the background who lacks the mouth is often overlooked.

That's my take anyway. I've seen it many times where the most forceful personality calls the shots and makes the worst decisions possible.

But joking aside, as I was with your club , they have made a real ricket here getting rid of Rowett. If Villa fans had respect for him you can guarantee he was a good man for the job.
Owning a Championship club is like putting money into slot machines these days. And also your first sentance is correct with the money going round, that will create friction and potential power struggles more than ever in the game.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Delia Smith. For the love of all things holy, sack Alex Neil you useless mad old cunt. It's Christmas for fucks sake and you're a religious nutter, can't you get some fucking devine intervention, a message from God or something? Send this jocko back to scotchland. And when you go on your yearly mad pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady at Walsingham can please ask the Lord Almighty, or The Virgin Mary, or whoever the fuck it is you're talking too in your mad old mind to SACK ALEX NEIL. Geezus fucking christ.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Pardz will be the next Noreich manager.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Garry Monk is the fucking business. Leeds on the march.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca