Hereford United

Anything sportlike
Dr David Starkey

Hereford United

Post by Dr David Starkey »

Keep an eye on this. Expelled from the Conference for financial problems, there are some very strange goings on there. This taken from another forum:

The whole situation is utterly bizarre. The new owner, who has served 7 years for lorry robbery has brought in a 'coach' and a director of football. The director of football claims an career history at Arsenal, Middlesbrough and a whole list of other clubs, but internet searches bring nothing up. Fans of the clubs involved can't remember his name. This director of football has brought 22 players in from somewhere as 'trialists', who spent Tuesday night on blow-up mattresses at the ground, and started training yesterday. Apparently they're from Chelsea, and QPR and Fulham, and some more are 'coming in from Spain tomorrow'. Apparently they are so good that they would have seen us exiting this division from the top, not the bottom, if we'd had them this year, and we'll only be spending one year in the Southern Premier if that's where we end up. They turned out in brand new kit yesterday, despite us not being able to pay our creditors.

It's so bizarre. Why are these kids willing to play in the Southern Premier? Who are they? HUFC fans were welcomed to the training session yesterday, but the players were ushered from the field and into a waiting bus at the end without speaking to fans, and 'parents' who were watching said they were forbidden from revealing their names.
Blood in your poo?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Hereford United

Post by Basualdo »

Two words come to mind for me from that. 'Money' & 'laundering'.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

It's a very sad demise of a great little club, Ronnie Radford would be turning in his grave if he was dead

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

And tough times coming for Salisbury as well

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Soft spot alert, I've walked by Hereford's ground many times. Near the city centre, it's not enclosed and offers a very pleasant view, specially on a sunny day. I'll probably get a game next time I do it. :(

After staying up on I think goal difference in injury-time on the final day, relegated on money, loads of bollocks.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

henrycrs wrote:It's a very sad demise of a great little club, Ronnie Radford would be turning in his grave if he was dead
Indeed.

In the late 70's, played for Winchmore Hill V East Barnet Old Gramarians (EBOG) in a Southern Amateur League 1st team game. Ricky George was playing for EBOG.

SAL was a good standard but you could tell George had been a pro - outstanding even in retirement.

juiceman

Post by juiceman »

tennisman wrote:
henrycrs wrote:It's a very sad demise of a great little club, Ronnie Radford would be turning in his grave if he was dead
Indeed.

In the late 70's, played for Winchmore Hill V East Barnet Old Gramarians (EBOG) in a Southern Amateur League 1st team game. Ricky George was playing for EBOG.

SAL was a good standard but you could tell George had been a pro - outstanding even in retirement.

You can tell the difference when you play against an ex pro. I've played with and against Sean Byrne who won the FA youth cup with west ham way back when -different class.

I also played a Sunday league game where the opposition had a current D&R player, playing as a ringer. Great first touch, dirty as fuck, but nothing special. I believe he's since spent time in prison.
I'm a Cambridge United supporter.

finchman

Post by finchman »

So with Hereford booted out does that mean Bristol Rovers get a reprieve?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

One out all out
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

finchman wrote:So with Hereford booted out does that mean Bristol Rovers get a reprieve?
No, it's the team relegated from the Conference.
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

The Doctor Is In

Post by The Doctor Is In »

finchman wrote:So with Hereford booted out does that mean Bristol Rovers get a reprieve?
We know you are from a Rugby town but thats fucking cringeworthy.
Peace and Love

gheko

Post by gheko »

All very murky indeed. Chester get to stay in the league though, so that's good.
Bizarre that the Vaughans were involved with Hereford and have taken them down, just like they did with Chester.

Dr David Starkey

Post by Dr David Starkey »

Heard some remarkable stuff about Vaughan at Chester.
Blood in your poo?

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

henrycrs wrote:And tough times coming for Salisbury as well

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec
A bump for another sad story in the Salisbury saga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ust-1.html